If you cant beat'm.. give up. my 120 Mn. Native tank rebuild.

Younglin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
34-24-36
Just do what I said. Snails can't survive without food. Take out the fish and completely cover the tank so no light gets in.

Rays of Sunshine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2010
Georgia
www.youtube.com

Mr.Catfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2010
NW Ohio
I have the opposite problem.I can't get snails established in my tanks. My darters,blacknose dace and longear sunfish eat them.I know darters and dace won't work with your walleye,but maybe a longear sunfish will.Plus they look nice.

The_Nuge

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2011
St. Paul Mn.
that is the plan Mr catfish.. im not sure how easy long ears are to catch in Mn. but ill see what i can do I know there are a few other sunfish that will eat them as well.

YOOPER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2006
Da U.P.
here is the drift wood i picked up for $12 each. through a taxidermy friend.. nice big heavy dense pieces!

Attached Thumbnails
You paid $12 for a UA filp-flop?

Nuge you need to stop stressing over the snails. If spring ever gets this far north go out and catch some pumkinseeds to thin them down, drink a beer and go fishing (or turkey hunting).

kamikaziechameleon

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2010
western hemisphere
This fish is a very shy/reclusive fish and doesn't like light very much if you want more activity out of him try planting the tank heavily so he has some cover to move around in.

The_Nuge

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2011
St. Paul Mn.
well its been a month or so since posting. i soaked my drift wood all this time.. not as long as recommended i know but.. oh well. I went to a local honey hole yesterday and caught over 40 sunfish not a one bigger than 4 inches..lol perfect! with the addition of my daughter to the family i now can legally take them for viewing at home. so i picked out some of the smallest ones to take. I have a couple that are not much bigger than a golf ball! and with brilliant colors! ill post a few pics. Now i have to identify what i got I think they are punkin seeds and greens.. gota look them up though.

DSCN0267.JPG

DSCN0271.JPG

DSCN0270.JPG

DSCN0288.JPG

DSCN0278.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store