im building a pond heres first two pics ive taken since i started digging.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
Its only about 2 to 24 inchs deep right now . Will be 36 to 40 inch deep when done. its aprox 7 x 5 foot square

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
islander671 said:
nice. looks like a tough dig. what do you plan to keep in it?

Im not sure yet. Thinking of doing weither bunch of natives so i can fish it with a snopy rod or raiseing my midas fry in it threw the summer and then stock with natives for winteer

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
alltogether it probly has like 4 maybe 5 hours dig time if that
Im thinking maybe some turtles and frogs and some watter snakes just for kicks .

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I'm suffering from pond envy, my brother-in-law says to hold off on the above ground 8'x12'x2.5' pond until next year. He's spending the money on an outboard instead.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
when i get that far i probly take pics. havent decided on wether or not to use a plastic sheet dubled over for the liner. Or go with the firestone roofing rubber. If i can get the roofing rubber ima use it cuz i should be able to get it for free. I use to do roofing. Filters im thinking of useing a small kiddiepool filter. But have the kiddie filter intake hose run to a piece of pvc pipewith bunch of holes drilled in it. To help cut down on the suction of it. Then have it pump the oulet into a 50 gal trashcan filled with lava rocks. And use 4 to 8 inchs of sponge on top the rocks then have it gravity feed back into the pond.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
nice

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store