I'M FINALLY MOVING

Pink-Floyd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2006
Saint Augustine
Finally, god am i tired of this place.
And I'm taking my fish with me.
What should i buy, I'm moving this Friday?
I am transporting my two Oscars(I got a new baby tiger), two catfish pictus and a asian upside down, possibly a Betta and a goldfish.
Two 10 gal and a 55 gal.
Are there any websites that you know of that can help me and other rolling stones(with fish)?
Who has moved 800 miles with fish?

Kuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
Benton,Ky
im guessin theres just gonna be alotta gastation water change pitstops

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
No they'll be no water change pit stops. Don't feed for 2 days, triple bag them, put them in a polybox for extra insulation.

On the 2 days without feeding do a 50% water change each day, to make sure their transport water is as clean as possible.

If your journey is not much more than 24 hours you should be fine. Make sure the bags are huge, and that you grab the bag, fill less than 50% with water, to make sure the fish have enough oxygen in there.

Pink-Floyd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2006
Saint Augustine
1- 3-4 inch oscar
1- 8-9 inch oscar
1- 5-6 inch asian upside down cat.
1- 4-5 inch pictus cat.
1- 55 gal.
2- 10 gal.

I have two air pumps, portable
anything else i need?

Pink-Floyd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2006
Saint Augustine
I gotz an idea from another site, What if I ask a LFS(a good one) to hold my fish then ship them to me?

Kuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
Benton,Ky
:clap i concure

Pink-Floyd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2006
Saint Augustine
I'm moved, in jacksonville fl
the fish made it fine, my oscars were swimming perfectly in the clear rubbermaid container on my new counter top. a portable air pump will run for three days with one set of batteries. Oh and 800 miles in two days with the two oscars staying in the car overnight work fine. I had a 50 gal rubbermaid container with the larger oscar in the bottom and the smaller oscar in a smaller clear container on top with a hole in the lid for air stones.
I was amazed.
I brought 40 gallons of water with me in Home Depot buckets.
The water at the new house was turned off, so no new WC's.:eek3:
I bought 40 gallons of bottled water from the SUPER wallmart (no live fish thank god). urrgh

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store