Im new to flowerhorns.....Please rate mine :)

haloman02

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yonkers, NY
Hi, a few weeks back i purchased a baby flowerhorn for 5 bucks ( well free because i had a coupon for 5$ free fish :p ) so yea i choose the one i have because it was the biggest one and just recently started changing into like a bluishxred color its awsome and i was wondering if it's an expensive fish or just a normal one.

Also i noticed people call the flowerhorns things like red dragon by it's colour. Whats the name of mines colour, thanks in advance.

VIdeo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFqoVVizyVQ

PIC :

haloman02

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yonkers, NY
Thanks for the comments also, i noticed there is no kok on mine does that mean its a female or too small to grow one? thanks

Jkoziatek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2007
NY
too small for a KOK just yet.... but you just wait young grasshopper, for the monster within the fish will soon show itself!

haloman02

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yonkers, NY
Jkoziatek;1402313; said:
too small for a KOK just yet.... but you just wait young grasshopper, for the monster within the fish will soon show itself!
O just got home and my mudskipper is dead......... Ima feed it to my flowerhorn and bichirs....

bengalsfan47025

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2007
Indiana
you are going to need to put it in a bigger tank by the way you probably knew already but it looks really good for 5 dollars good pick up and good luck!

haloman02

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yonkers, NY
bengalsfan47025;1402960; said:
you are going to need to put it in a bigger tank by the way you probably knew already but it looks really good for 5 dollars good pick up and good luck!

Yes i am aware that i need a bigger tank would a 55 gallon be ok for a full grown fh?

Also is mine a female, it has a black spot on the dorsal fin?

John Rambo

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Zagama Beach
might need to wait longer to sex it. I think a 55 will be good for a very long time, but when it grows to about a foot it might be too small. It looks good, feed it chingmix and keep temp in low 80s. theres always a chance it will be a great fh.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store