im not lebron james......

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
What kind of fish do u have interest toward?

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I might be biased but I say a Convicts tank.
Get a pair of one of the not so common sp. a small catfish or loaches, some live bearers like Plattys or Swordtails, a smaller pleco, Nerite snails. Get some easy plants, driftwood, some caves here and there. Sit back and watch all the activity.
The Cons stay too busy breeding to bother anyone, also they keep the live bearers fry in check. The Swotds/Plattys return the favor and keep the Cons fry in check with help from the bottom feeders. Everyone stays busy breeding and leaves others be.
I have a 55 set up this way with only 3 HRP fry alive from ten spawning or so.

Reactions: J. H.

FAT daddy

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Rowland Heights
great suggestion!!!!!!

any cons in keeping cons?

are you a monsterfishkeeper or a social critique on America's free society? sht i jus had dejavu......

i

good

advice!

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I can't say that I have had any cons from owning Cons. Just don't put small anything with them. I inherited some Neon Tetras from my sons mother. They pick off one a month. Otherwise leave others alone, save chasing off when they have fry.
20180815_175051.jpg
My pair of Honduran Red Points
At the moment that tank has the pair of HRP's of course also a pair of Plattys, 3 Swordtails, 3 Roseline sharks,10 Neon tetras, 4 Kulli loaches, bushynose pleco, and a Male Beta.20181031_213511.jpg

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
Since you already got an idea for an aggresive tank how about an idea for a community..Electric blue acara with albino bristlenose plecos, cory cats, and a school of your choice of a larger tetra that cant be eaten. Lots of action and color!

Reactions: angelcrze

FAT daddy

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Rowland Heights
I can't say that I have had any cons from owning Cons. Just don't put small anything with them. I inherited some Neon Tetras from my sons mother. They pick off one a month. Otherwise leave others alone, save chasing off when they have fry.
View attachment 1349932
My pair of Honduran Red Points
At the moment that tank has the pair of HRP's of course also a pair of Plattys, 3 Swordtails, 3 Roseline sharks,10 Neon tetras, 4 Kulli loaches, bushynose pleco, and a Male Beta.View attachment 1349940
i have never seen Honduran red points before! thanks for sharing......i am concerned about earthquake so right now imma be heavy researching!

FAT daddy

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Rowland Heights
Since you already got an idea for an aggresive tank how about an idea for a community..Electric blue acara with albino bristlenose plecos, cory cats, and a school of your choice of a larger tetra that cant be eaten. Lots of action and color!
great recommendation!!!!!! there is so much i need to learn and prepare for......
im surprised ya'll would invest in tetras and put them in a aquarium with larger fish......any other cool ideas for a 55 gal.?
i really dont want to upgrade and since im not really wealthy as of now i can only plan and prepare......anyone have any good experiences with xp3 filters? i usually go wet dry or aquaclear but i really need to create a piece that isnt too messy or loud, respectively.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store