Imperial Loaches

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
These are really cool! whats their temperament like? Are they aggressive or social? like clown loaches.
I like them a lot.

Reactions: regalt

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Never seen those before they look really cool. They have a different looking face then the other loaches

Reactions: regalt

regalt

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Ft Wayne, IN
These are really cool! whats their temperament like? Are they aggressive or social? like clown loaches.
I like them a lot.

Honestly they've had there own tank together since since I've had them and they usually just hide for the most part until feeding time and then back in there hiding spots...

Moved them to a little bigger tank with tank mates and no hiding spots, so will see how they do with that.

regalt

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Ft Wayne, IN
How big are they? That black sand really brings the color out on them.
Well was gone for the weekend and came home to the larger one dead :( he was 10" and the smaller one is around 8"-9"....

Don't know what happened they were doing perfectly fine and then I come home to him dead, pretty bummed as I was liking how they looked with the Dats.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Well was gone for the weekend and came home to the larger one dead :( he was 10" and the smaller one is around 8"-9"....

Don't know what happened they were doing perfectly fine and then I come home to him dead, pretty bummed as I was liking how they looked with the Dats.
Oh sorry to hear that. I know how you feel. Sucks when you lose a fish. You think the dats killed it? Did you raise them to those sizes?

regalt

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Ft Wayne, IN
Oh sorry to hear that. I know how you feel. Sucks when you lose a fish. You think the dats killed it? Did you raise them to those sizes?

No don't think so...it looked perfect no scars torn fins anything like that...it was covered in like a white film..

Unfortunately I lost the 2nd one today, just got off of work to find him belly up...

I've had them for 2yrs and they may have put an inch on since I've had them.

Should have just left them in there own tank :(...

EcastL

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2015
Down South
Sorry to hear that....maybe stress from the move and no hiding places.

Loaches are super sensitive and need a place to feel safe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store