Importing platinum paddlefish?

GeorgeHaddaway15

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2017
Crested Butte, Colorado
Hey guys,

I've been doing some research on importing lately but I haven't found much. I'm very new to the whole importing game. Do you need to buy in bulk when importing? I need some help and advice. First off, I saw some platinum paddlefish that REALLY caught my eye, but I feel like they wouldn't do well being shipped overseas. How much does it usually cost to import fish from Asia or the UK? I saw some albino grass carp as well that look particularly fine. Keep in mind, I don't need a permit here in Colorado for grass carp. If importing really is as expensive as I'm predicting, would anyone want to do a group buy or something? So we could save on cost? I really want those paddlefish, grass carp, and a few others. If I do end up getting them, I will grow them out in 1500 gallon vats before going outside. Advice and information would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the link to the paddlefish:

And some crazy cyprinids and such:

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Have you emailed the sellers to ask if they ship overseas?

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Yikes.
I kinda figured it was going to be a really high number. It never hurts to ask so you know what you are looking at.

I did see your other posts in the pond section.
Are you looking at sellers for when you are ready to order fish or are you looking to buy now?

GeorgeHaddaway15

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2017
Crested Butte, Colorado
I'm looking at both right now. I just ordered 2 blue masheers for my indoor ponds. They should be ready for fish next week. Right now I'm looking for paddlefish. Already found some albino sterlets. Basically I'm just looking for cold water exotics. If you happen to know anyone that supplies the fish I'm looking for, advice would be appreciated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store