Impulse buy! - got some questions

Galactik

Piranha
MFK Member
May 30, 2019
I can't help much on the tank condition, but if it's not repairable, 55 gallons aren't to expensive next. As for adding the fish, groups work better. Adding one or two fish can lead to the already established fish to single out the new guys.

I will add that even with 3 males you might end up with a hyper dominant male that won't tolerate any other males. I had an o.b. peacock that constantly harassed a dragons blood peacock in a 6ft tank.
That's what I was thinking.i called Petco and they told me theres a good chance dollar per gallon sale starts this monday. I think I'm just going to start fresh and focus on the stand over the weekend.

Thanks for the tip. I'll start by adding the females first since I have 2 males already and see how it goes. Maybe I'll do 4 at a time and watch the tank for a few days.

Reactions: Jexnell and Zanzag

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
That's what I was thinking.i called Petco and they told me theres a good chance dollar per gallon sale starts this monday. I think I'm just going to start fresh and focus on the stand over the weekend.

Thanks for the tip. I'll start by adding the females first since I have 2 males already and see how it goes. Maybe I'll do 4 at a time and watch the tank for a few days.
With the Fourth coming up I can see them doing the dollar per gallon sale.

Reactions: Galactik

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Ya just wait a couple days both Petsmart and Petco should have a big sale for the Fourth of July.

Reactions: Galactik

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
Looks like the PetSmart sale starts today at the one near me. The have the 60 gallon setup and just tank by themselves for pretty cheap.

Galactik

Piranha
MFK Member
May 30, 2019
Welp this purchase was a complete bust.

I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get a whole set.

Is this marineland setup any good?

I cant find much info online aside from their reviews and I saw some people having issues with leaks?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store