In a strange situation and worried abt crossback aro

Javari

Feeder Fish
Aug 19, 2021
It’s a long story, it begins with me discovering a crack in one of my two tanks, this one housing my crossback arowana, immediately I panicked and began draining my second tank, which was holding a large walking catfish(in extremely poor conditions with no filter bc they can survive anything), which was only staying there to be fed good food until i felt it was good enough to eat(it was caught from a polluted river). I drained the tank with the catfish(some water still left), netted out all debris, and then added all the water from the cracked tank to the other, i then transferred the filtration as well as the decor and fish. Immediately after I noticed my aro was trying to eat smt(a good sign I think), but a few hours later I noticed my aro opening and closing its mouth slightly to breath. I did a water change and added salt accordingly, not sure what else I can do. I’m pretty sure this is the result of an ammonia spike from the polluted water. Only fish that is doing absolutely perfect is the snakehead ofc(tank is in storage I was in a hurry). Any other suggestions I will take.

image.jpg

Javari

Feeder Fish
Aug 19, 2021
I’m a pretty novice level fish keeper, I’m probably out of my league keeping the fish I keep(bare minimum equipment and cheap filters) but in the tank that has cracked my flower horn tried to breed with a parrot cichlid and did in fact lay eggs(very recent and in fact reoccurring). I am almost certain it was the polluted water as I can’t think of any other variables.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Whenever there’s a suspected issue with water quality or fish are gasping, start by doing water changes….and don’t forget the dechlorinator

Reactions: Javari
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store