Inching my way back .... it's been a journey.

Mr. Mom

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Alberta
They have banjos on aquabid right now.
Thanks ... But I've a local supplier working on bringing some in for me. Talked to him yesterday, he's hoping in about a month.
Gives me time to tweek the tank how I want it, sand for the base and some more plants still (predominantly anubias this time around, they uprooted too much in the last tank).

Reactions: KATALEKEEPER

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
welcome back,

hopefully divorce was ok -

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Mom

Mr. Mom

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Alberta
welcome back,

hopefully divorce was ok -
LOL ... Thanks man. But is divorce ever ok .... Honestly it's been a tough 5/6 yrs. I lost everything (materialistic), but got a clean slate to start over (no debt). I knew what was important #1 my kids #2 my beat-up old truck to get to work (she got my new Jeep Wrangler) #3 my dog (she was gonna send it to the pound).
I remained primary to the kids (hence my user name LOL). I wanted 50/50 shared parenting, got it .... but reality is I've the boys (2) 70% of the time it seems.

Then trying to find a landlord willing to rent to a single father, with two boys and an 80 lbs mutt. No one believed she pays me custody. So it was crushing having to shut my tanks down and deal with the fish, it's how I spent boxing day that year.
I eventually had to buy a house. Not to mention my job closed it's doors 5 months after purchasing the new house. Everything kept falling apart, one thing after another. I was literally living an old country song.

But I'm rebuilding ... Through numerous new jobs (5) I realized more and more, what's important to me .... Found a job that suited my new direction of thinking .... Then Covid hit, and things started improving somewhat more (we got crazy busy) .... which has enabled for the new year to bring things forward.

I've a back den perfect for the tanks I want (The boys are packing junk up for the space). I've gotten back into my plants and flowers, managed to grow a Passion Flower (4 pots of them) last year, after 3 yrs of failure .... the plant is so not recommended for my growing region. And my front yard looks like a little old lady lives here with all the flower beds and flowers I've added.
I want to incorporate both my plants and aquariums into a true growing corner. I've already got a flourescent light fixture in the old closet (where my 2 29s currently sit) that I'm curious if my T-5 bulbs would fit.
Plus I started a green house out back, 3/4's complete. Ran out of wood, and need to get plexiglass for the roof still. It's a private small backyard, tiered, so all the light comes through the roof of the structure. I've 6 (or so) yrs at least, to play with all this, before my next move to semi-retirement (which began to materialize after my divorce).

So in the end I did better than most, in my divorce, I guess. And at least I've still got my sanity (or is that insanity). But I did leave with a clear conscience.

Reactions: deeda and dr exum

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
LOL ... Thanks man. But is divorce ever ok .... Honestly it's been a tough 5/6 yrs. I lost everything (materialistic), but got a clean slate to start over (no debt). I knew what was important #1 my kids #2 my beat-up old truck to get to work (she got my new Jeep Wrangler) #3 my dog (she was gonna send it to the pound).
I remained primary to the kids (hence my user name LOL). I wanted 50/50 shared parenting, got it .... but reality is I've the boys (2) 70% of the time it seems.

Then trying to find a landlord willing to rent to a single father, with two boys and an 80 lbs mutt. No one believed she pays me custody. So it was crushing having to shut my tanks down and deal with the fish, it's how I spent boxing day that year.
I eventually had to buy a house. Not to mention my job closed it's doors 5 months after purchasing the new house. Everything kept falling apart, one thing after another. I was literally living an old country song.

But I'm rebuilding ... Through numerous new jobs (5) I realized more and more, what's important to me .... Found a job that suited my new direction of thinking .... Then Covid hit, and things started improving somewhat more (we got crazy busy) .... which has enabled for the new year to bring things forward.

I've a back den perfect for the tanks I want (The boys are packing junk up for the space). I've gotten back into my plants and flowers, managed to grow a Passion Flower (4 pots of them) last year, after 3 yrs of failure .... the plant is so not recommended for my growing region. And my front yard looks like a little old lady lives here with all the flower beds and flowers I've added.
I want to incorporate both my plants and aquariums into a true growing corner. I've already got a flourescent light fixture in the old closet (where my 2 29s currently sit) that I'm curious if my T-5 bulbs would fit.
Plus I started a green house out back, 3/4's complete. Ran out of wood, and need to get plexiglass for the roof still. It's a private small backyard, tiered, so all the light comes through the roof of the structure. I've 6 (or so) yrs at least, to play with all this, before my next move to semi-retirement (which began to materialize after my divorce).

So in the end I did better than most, in my divorce, I guess. And at least I've still got my sanity (or is that insanity). But I did leave with a clear conscience.
sounds rough, i’ve not gone through that - dad had lots of wives... trying to stick to the 1.... ?‍♂

not sure what your demographics are - i was married before tender .... may wanna fire that up -

sounds like you have plenty to occupy your time

single & covid aren’t the best recipe unless you can find someone in your circle -

GL to ya!

Reactions: Mr. Mom

Mr. Mom

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Alberta
sounds rough, i’ve not gone through that - dad had lots of wives... trying to stick to the 1.... ?‍♂
not sure what your demographics are - i was married before tender .... may wanna fire that up -
sounds like you have plenty to occupy your time
single & covid aren’t the best recipe unless you can find someone in your circle -
GL to ya!
In the end, I got 2 awesome boys .... but I was once that kid myself.
I did date a lady for a year, but she wanted to move way faster ... so I recently ended it. I'm in no hurry, besides my retirement plans involve me moving back to the country (leaving the blasted city behind).
In the meantime, I'm discovery passions lost and rekindling hobbies forgotten. Not to mention, doing it all with my kids. Turns out my youngest loves Lavatera flowers. My ex would've never let me turn the livingroom window into a quasi nursery for seedlings every spring. LOL.

Reactions: deeda and dr exum
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store