Indian roof turtle health problem

Mr turtle

Feeder Fish
Apr 25, 2023
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Plz help me . I know nothing about turtles, only know about reef fishes.My both turtles which I bought 2 days ago developed this thing. On other forum they ask me to put betadine, it is a fungal/bacterial problem. Plz help!IMG20230425113613.jpg20230425_193256.jpg20230425_193215.jpg

Also what is this white dots on the shell20230425_193312.jpg

20230425_193312.jpg

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
Images are a bit blurry, but looks like extensive abrasion likely caused by improper conditions on the legs, and the beginning of shell rot on the carapace. Would definitely go with betadine for the shell (apply a layer of it on the shell and leave the animal outside water for a little less than half an hour, then rinse and gently scrub shell) a couple times a day, and salt baths (1-3 tbsp aquarium salt per gallon) once or twice daily. What does the full setup look like? Is there an adequate basking spot? What's the water temperature? Diet? When were the issues first noted?

Reactions: Mr turtle

Mr turtle

Feeder Fish
Apr 25, 2023
Images are a bit blurry, but looks like extensive abrasion likely caused by improper conditions on the legs, and the beginning of shell rot on the carapace. Would definitely go with betadine for the shell (apply a layer of it on the shell and leave the animal outside water for a little less than half an hour, then rinse and gently scrub shell) a couple times a day, and salt baths (1-3 tbsp aquarium salt per gallon) once or twice daily. What does the full setup look like? Is there an adequate basking spot? What's the water temperature? Diet? When were the issues first noted?
Thx. It's diet is pellets and shrimp pieces. I hv just bought it 2 days ago so no uv lights are there but I am giving them sunlight.

Can I put them in a saltwater tank(salinity 1.012)? I am having marine salt too so as u will say, I'll do that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store