Reactions: FishBeast

FishBeast

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Northwest Washington
www.youtube.com
Beautiful ?
Whats your feeding schedule and tank set up for this guy?
^I've just noticed this thread this morning and those were my questions as well.Impressive looking indo.
Thanks! He’s in a 210 gallon with Polypterus. Filtered with FX6 and a 55 gallon sump! Feed 3-4x a week with carnivore pellets. Occasional earthworms, tilapia, tail-on shrimp and silversides.

Reactions: HowUDoin

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
So cool how they can grow into such beast! Btw a big fan of your YouTube lol. Really like how you showcase your tanks and fish ?. I got myself a baby indo a few weeks ago and can only dream for it to get to that size. From your experience, what’s the growth rate for the first year? I’d assume they slow down as they get older. Here are some pics of mine from today. He/she is 3 in just like when you got yours!

DFCE0B94-2DF2-4215-9253-5A96EA745BD6.jpeg

3EA1911C-3543-4C41-93B9-135CF8E3CD09.jpeg

FishBeast

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Northwest Washington
www.youtube.com
So cool how they can grow into such beast! Btw a big fan of your YouTube lol. Really like how you showcase your tanks and fish ?. I got myself a baby indo a few weeks ago and can only dream for it to get to that size. From your experience, what’s the growth rate for the first year? I’d assume they slow down as they get older. Here are some pics of mine from today. He/she is 3 in just like when you got yours!

View attachment 1439206

View attachment 1439207
That’s a beautiful specimen! First year was fairly fast growth for mine. Got to maybe 7”. Water changes are always massive (at least 80%). I fed much more heavily in the first year (3x a day). Thanks for the props on the channel, got new video coming out soon including of this beast.

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
That’s a beautiful specimen! First year was fairly fast growth for mine. Got to maybe 7”. Water changes are always massive (at least 80%). I fed much more heavily in the first year (3x a day). Thanks for the props on the channel, got new video coming out soon including of this beast.
Sounds good I’ll try to replicate that as much as possible lol. Excited for the video!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store