Indoor Pond: Help and Ideas

jwowoski

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New York
Hey guys,
I need some help and some ideas, I want to make an indoor pond because I have some monsters that need bigger tank space but its hard finding a big 200+ gallon tank for the right price and in my area. So I have some ideas, I could put and build one in my basement. Theres carpet but i could rip out a good chunk where I would put the pond. Its room temperature in the basement which is a plus. Filtartion won't be a problem. My other idea is to get a one of those steal pools you can get at walmart or target, but I would have to put that in the garage and theres no central air in the garage so that would be a problem with heating the water up. I live in New York so thats a problem because of the harsh winters. Can some of you guys lead me the right way or give me some ideas that maybe you did for your indoor ponds.
Thanks

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
People use the 300 gallon rubbermaid stock tanks. Just cover to help control humidity and prevent mold from growing. You can also build a wood frame and used a pond liner.

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
I'd recently had my fish holding in a 300g stock pond in my basement. I covered it with a sheet of plastic on top and it still smelled like a humid fish store. It was ok for a short 2 weeks but in the long run I would absolutely do some major ventilation.

jwowoski

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New York
I'm thinking about using a index pool, one of those best way pools. It's about 400 gallons, how could I keep that warm? My basement is done and has central air. So it's heated during the winter. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I have the @500 Intex pool in the college attending sons room, for Madagascans (they like heat).
So using 2 x 300 watt aquarium heaters, just making sure they are in the current from the pimp, and sit in a pot, or on a tile.

Have the @ 900 gal Bestway in the basement without heaters for over wintering decorative carp, and Uruguayans.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store