Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
Normal
If yes, what is your nitrite?
Normal
If yes, what is your nitrate?
Normal
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
31-40%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hi,
I have a Dinosaur Bichir who is about 2 years old. I think he may have injured himself. He had been spending the majority of the time at the top of the tank and his body looks a little bent. Is it possible for bichirs to injure their backs? Any suggestions on how to help him? It’s not a water quality issue. I’ve done several water changes, cleaned his filter, and tested the water. He is the only fish in my 75 gallon tank. I’m also not able to get him down to the bottom of the tank to eat. It’s been 2 days since his last meal? Val is like family to us and we are worried about him. Thank you.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d try and lower the water level so the fish can feel the tank bottom and not stress out. I’d dose some Epsom salt, 3tbsp per 5g, and add a round of kanamycin.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store