Interactive Tool: Freshwater Ecosystems of the World

Lilyann

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
In search box put in the area you are searching for. I put in "Congo" and received the following ecoregions of Congo River and hyper-links to look at each of these areas more indepthly.
Ecoregions

Major Habitat Type
Ecoregion

535 Afrotropic Tropical and subtropical floodplain rivers and wetland complexes Sudanic Congo - Oubangi
539 Afrotropic Tropical and subtropical floodplain rivers and wetland complexes Upper Congo Rapids
540 Afrotropic Tropical and subtropical upland rivers Upper Congo
549 Afrotropic Tropical and subtropical floodplain rivers and wetland complexes Lower Congo Rapids
550 Afrotropic Tropical and subtropical floodplain rivers and wetland complexes Lower Congo

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
In search box put in the area you are searching for. I put in "Congo" and received the following ecoregions of Congo River and hyper-links to look at each of these areas more indepthly.
Ecoregions

Major Habitat Type
Ecoregion

535 Afrotropic Tropical and subtropical floodplain rivers and wetland complexes Sudanic Congo - Oubangi
539 Afrotropic Tropical and subtropical floodplain rivers and wetland complexes Upper Congo Rapids
540 Afrotropic Tropical and subtropical upland rivers Upper Congo
549 Afrotropic Tropical and subtropical floodplain rivers and wetland complexes Lower Congo Rapids
550 Afrotropic Tropical and subtropical floodplain rivers and wetland complexes Lower Congo

Thank you

Reactions: Lilyann

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan

Lilyann

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
Who is this person bringing such useful information to us?

Took my non computing self a moment or two to work it out. Once I did, great info! Thanks for sharing.
Lol! I found this resource only today on Facebook when I joined a Biotope Aquarium group. Its pretty amazing isnt it? I know there is a lot out there that will be helpful to us, but will take some time seeking out those tools. :)

Reactions: tlindsey

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Lol! I found this resource only today on Facebook when I joined a Biotope Aquarium group. Its pretty amazing isnt it? I know there is a lot out there that will be helpful to us, but will take some time seeking out those tools. :)
Absolutely. It's a great starting point for finding the information and more details. Simply giving the name of a water zone such as dambo would help many people not from Africa knowing this word.

This shall be consuming a few hours of my life in the upcoming weeks.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Thanks for sharing, I was considering putting a thread up asking what websites and resources people use to research tank ideas.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store