Interesting Firemouth Behavior

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Thanks for the info. I'll get those medications asap and also grab a 20 gallon tank that I can throw together as a hospital tank for when he gets to big to use the 10 gallon as a quarantine. He already just loves sitting in his plant all day now that he is alone. I am guessing the darker colors may have been from stress caused by the other fish so I am glad he's getting lighter and showing more blue. I'm certain now that he is a real EBJD even though he didn't look like one for the first week. I have a pellet food I give him but it isn't that good so I'm planning on switching him over to a better quality one. I also feed him some freeze dried brine shrimp, tubifex worms, or beef heart I got to condition my wild bettas once or twice a week and rotate them to keep his diet varied. I'll definitely get pics of him as soon as I can get a working camera. I can't wait to show him off he definitely is beautiful.
They def go through color growth stages as well as color/mood changes

looking forward to pics

Reactions: tlindsey

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
I have an ebjd who hated my fire mouth even though the firemouth is bigger I had to remove the fire mouth after a couple of hours as the attacks were relentless and the firemouth couldn't defend himself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store