interesting notion

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
so i had a random notion earlier, about mini monsters brought on by a simple (but as we know very valued) zebra danio.

i'll explain.

so i had a random zebra danio kicking around, a survivor of poor judgment so i felt he needed a better life. the best set up i thought was to put him in my dwarf puffer tank as he doesn't bother them and he is too fast for them to bother him. its also one of my fav display tanks and 30g with three dwarf means it's quite lifeless at times. it is also a tank i find i watch quite a bit as there is always something going on like plants growing and stuff.

anyway i put him in and he shoots about like he is on speed and it's kinda cool to watch. then i got to thinking, every fish has a notch it fill in the wild and we have large fish doing there thing and small fish doing the same but on a micro level. the more i watched the more i thought about it where the zebra fits in and what it looks like, then it happened, on a micro scale these guys look and acted like arrowans.

anyway hahaha it's been a long day so here some pics of the tank...

IMG_20160305_224556.jpg IMG_20160305_224654.jpg IMG_20160305_224707.jpg IMG_20160305_224724.jpg IMG_20160305_224741.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Looking good. Glad you found a spot for ur danio.

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
What a lucky fish. You planning to get it some friends to swim with?
Not sure at the moment as the tank was set up to breed the puffers but that hasn't panned out how I expected so at the moment not sure what direction to take the tank but at the same time I don't won't to disturb it, its a great little tank for growing out Java and Anubis on small bits of DW so may add some little fish to it and make it a mini monster community

Reactions: fishnatics

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Not sure at the moment as the tank was set up to breed the puffers but that hasn't panned out how I expected so at the moment not sure what direction to take the tank but at the same time I don't won't to disturb it, its a great little tank for growing out Java and Anubis on small bits of DW so may add some little fish to it and make it a mini monster community
Sounds like a good idea.

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
thanks all this is my dwarf puffer tank so danio would breed the puffers would pick the fry off.

i used this to see how the vines would do as i picked them up in the woods. i plan on recreating a similar scene on a larger scale in a 150G for the fahaka. they love all the little knocks and cranny in the little bits of driftwood and the roots from the java all over the place are great for snacks lol

also i use this set up to tie small bits of java i find floating around in the other tanks to small bit of driftwood and i just throw them in there so it's almost a dumping ground for odds but it works lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store