Into the heart of darkness

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
No problem. It will save you a fortune compared to actual kalk and it’s basically the same thing .
I also used to buy calcium chloride flakes like the kind used for ice melt and made my own calcium solution. I remember buying a bag and it’s lasted years vs buying the Kent marine calcium additive.
I used arm and hammer baking soda for the alkalinity.
This creates the two part dosing mixture that was so popular. It was sold as A and B dosing I think.
That helps a lot. What did you do for lighting? The recommendations people give cost as much as the tanks. I was looking a the current usa orbit but I have an aquaneat 10k full spec I was going to use if I went fw.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Started to move my stuff over to the new place. You can have your big tank up stairs she said it'll be beautiful she said. Vicious lies! In the freaking garage again.

I have to finish insulation then throw up some corrugated tin and we'll be in business after I give the stand a little love

• Haha
Reactions: jaws7777 and Dloks

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Get to it man! Half the ocean is waiting for you
Started to move my stuff over to the new place. You can have your big tank up stairs she said it'll be beautiful she said. Vicious lies! In the freaking garage again.

I have to finish insulation then throw up some corrugated tin and we'll be in business after I give the stand a little love

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Yeah I know. It should go quicker once the rodi is hooked up. I just got the keys Tuesday. I'll probably get all my pics together then do one massive dump on a build log.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
If there wasnt a ring on her finger that tank would have been in the house. frauds... how they change

• Haha
Reactions: BichirKing

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Awesome pick ups! Cant wait to see the finished product :headbang2
Its definitely not something you can rush. All the equip should start rolling in Monday. The biggest hang up is rodi. I almost need a giant reservoir in the backyard.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store