Introducing for the first time im aware golden eye pearl cross red based albino

Stingray Guy

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2022
As far as I'm aware this is the first time this species have been crossed as I write this pup is 20 mins old first time golden eye was pregnant yielded 4 pups. All about 2 or 3 weeks to soon. First 2 where still born second 2 born 2 weeks later had a fighting chance. One got stuck in my overflow and this one is alive ! Very excited to show her off but again she's really small. Egg sack is still an inch long but she's active and burning off energy. Will post picks as she continues to develop.

20230603_142241.jpg

Reactions: kno4te

Stingray Guy

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2022
Pup is acting really odd like it's still in the womb it's active which is good it's gotta use up the egg sack. What's your expernce with pups 2 inches. This is by far the smallest pup I've worked with. Thanks in advance

CRDflowerhorn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2023
Uk
Stunning ray.Something I've always wanted but won't have the space to we move house eventually.

Damascus

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2020
You may find scattered results here as well but I crossed my goldbase and redbase a few years ago, and got a "normal" pearl litter, presumably het for both types of albino.

Out of that litter, I was kept updated on 1 pup, and that pup seems to produce consistently red base albinos when bred to a redbase, but has yet to throw a goldbase despite numerous times being paired with one. I am not aware of what others from that litter are doing now.

Sorry for your loss on the pup. Having noted a pup stuck to your overflow, try and section out the mother next time if you note she is pregnant. Keeps her more stress free and less likely for premature births and you can prevent losses as well by ensuring pups don't have access to things like overflows. I've used floating cages with lots of success.

Best of luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store