Iridescent shark breeding

opelsin

Feeder Fish
May 27, 2020
Hey I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on Id sharks breading. I posted the video of my id enjoying his wavemaker. Well a day or so later my other id sharks belly looked large and kind of swollen. Then a few days later it was back to normal, I checked my tank really well but could not find any eggs then again it is a community tank so they could have beem eaten. But this went on when my other shark went all spazzy so what i was wondering could that have been some mating ritual? I could be way off, its just kind of seemed strange because he is acting normal now.

opelsin

Feeder Fish
May 27, 2020
Hey I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on Id sharks breading. I posted the video of my id enjoying his wavemaker. Well a day or so later my other id sharks belly looked large and kind of swollen. Then a few days later it was back to normal, I checked my tank really well but could not find any eggs then again it is a community tank so they could have beem eaten. But this went on when my other shark went all spazzy so what i was wondering could that have been some mating ritual? I could be way off, its just kind of seemed strange because he is acting normal now.
Someone please respond.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
It hasn't been 24 hours yet, not many people keep ID sharks and even fewer breed them..

From current knowledge they migrate to spawn, and thus has not been observed in captivity. It could have been bloating that caused the temporary swelling

zapatower

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Hi Opelsin! I am expert in iridiscent shark succesful breeding and more species. Do you have a mated pair? Please give me more details about your tank community?. Where are you live? I am sure that she was gravid. I am working in my online aquaculture school. Please, at the moment, follow me in my IG and fan page , because I want to help you. Now, I am preparing an online practical workshop with payment. I have a difficult with looking for a good videocall platfom to get simultaneous translate with subtitles in english. The reason is that practical workshop will be in spanish.
Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK world.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store