Iridiscent shark isnt eating

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
Hi ive rescued a small shark about 13 cm from a very bad comditions{10 L tank no WC and so..} 6 days ago.hes in a 50 L quarnteen with 1000L/h filter tmp 25 c. he isnt eating since i got him and i know that he ate just befor i took him.I did a very slow water adjustment adding water from the tank to the bucket for an hour and only then moved him to the new tank, but when i moved him he swam like crazy and flipped over . i trned off the light in the room and moved back. after a few minutes he flipped back and strated to swim normally again.Im not noticing any sighns on his body , anf he is active and swimming. the only thing i see is redness on his body which look to me coming from his color being thin and pale. i though that its beacuse hes a baby but noe i don konw..what do you think?
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Might be stressed and not eating from being in the qt tank. Would move it to a bigger qt tank with more water.

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
i tried to to feed him with catfish food pleco food, ciclid food veggie ciclid food and goldfish food.if it stress its possible that he wont eat for an entire week??

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d move it to a bigger tank with swimming space and give a day or two to settle. Dim lights and no stressful tankmates. Make sure water is clean. It’ll settle and should eat. That’s what I’d suggest. Don’t think it’s doing too well in ur qt tank. Stress will curb a fish’s appetite for sure. Even longer than a week.

Reactions: Matteus

Slightly Psycho Aquatics

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2019
Yes it is definitely possible that stress is the reason it isn't eating. I would try feeding some blood worms, you might have more success with those. However, the shark's diet shouldn't consist exclusively of blood worms, they should just be to get it started eating again.

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
i know this tank is small but still-he was in a much smaller tank in a middle of the living room where theres alot of light and peple ll day and now he is in my room most of the day no one there and its dark almost all day.. this enviorment should be much less stressful then the one he was in.. The thing is about movign him that i dont have an empty bigger tank, i have big tnks with other fish but im aafraid he can infect them with something...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store