Is a Koralia 240 enough in a 20g?

Jamesy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2012
I should have posted this BEFORE I bought it. Is this enough to support corals or should I upgrade? The tanks 24x15x15

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
Well your still in luck. The general rule for circulation ia 10x tank volume, so the koralia is 240gph so your fine

Sent from my HTC Hero S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Gprime

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2008
Ottawa
i would've bough like 3-4 nano's and placed them in varies spots so i would have no dead spots =P the bigger the powerhead isn't always the best choice (unless you're buying mp10/40/60's, those are just full of win), ideally you want 0 dead spots.

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
i would've bough like 3-4 nano's and placed them in varies spots so i would have no dead spots =P the bigger the powerhead isn't always the best choice (unless you're buying mp10/40/60's, those are just full of win), ideally you want 0 dead spots.
The smallest koralia nano is 240gph. You would have bought 3 or 4 of them for a 20H? How would anything be able to swim? It would be a washing maching... You would have to run the on a controller in intervals. Thats way overthinking it for that small of a tank. 1 koralia is plenty. No dead spots.

Jamesy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2012
The smallest koralia nano is 240gph. You would have bought 3 or 4 of them for a 20H? How would anything be able to swim? It would be a washing maching... You would have to run the on a controller in intervals. Thats way overthinking it for that small of a tank. 1 koralia is plenty. No dead spots.

That's exactly what I was thinking...

Addikted2Cichlids

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 13, 2009
Northern Italy
I have 2 nano koralias on my 29 and it does great. I think 1 should be good for your tank, it will take a few trys moving it around to find the best placement so your getting water flow everywhere. If you feel like you need more flow after the 1 you can always add another but after live rock and sand your looking at 15 gallons by then so 1 240 should be plenty..

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
I have 2 nano koralias on my 29 and it does great. I think 1 should be good for your tank, it will take a few trys moving it around to find the best placement so your getting water flow everywhere. If you feel like you need more flow after the 1 you can always add another but after live rock and sand your looking at 15 gallons by then so 1 240 should be plenty..
+100

Jamesy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks man! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store