Is it just me?

JAYBIRD1011

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wilmington NC
Driver assist features on new vehicles really bother me. It's not that I am anti-technology. Or that some things like the backing warning, or some kind of proximity warnings are unreasonable.
The thing is, all of these commercials for the cars in question, basically justify bad driving habits and distracted driving by saying, "it's okay to be a horrible irresponsible driver and endanger everyone else on the road, because we've got it covered." Your car will take care of it. Is it just me? Does this really bother anyone else? Personally I think it's going too far.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Driver assist features on new vehicles really bother me. It's not that I am anti-technology. Or that some things like the backing warning, or some kind of proximity warnings are unreasonable.
The thing is, all of these commercials for the cars in question, basically justify bad driving habits and distracted driving by saying, "it's okay to be a horrible irresponsible driver and endanger everyone else on the road, because we've got it covered." Your car will take care of it. Is it just me? Does this really bother anyone else? Personally I think it's going too far.

I have had the same thought's.

Reactions: JAYBIRD1011

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I'm just glad my car does not have the feature that turns the car off while you are waiting for the traffic light to change.

Personally don't like that feature myself but it's supposed to decrease carbon emissions in the air.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Im not a fan of them either nd dont have them in my car...i wanna back up have to look in the mirrors.

The worst is that keyless nonsense. I have an anxiety attack when ever i drive my wifes car.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store