Is majority of the jaguar cichlid fry is to be cull?

Fh1

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2021
I am curious since i see a lot of jaguar cichlid fry has no pattern. I am wondering that may be when they grow up they may remain to have no pattern. Since base on experience in flowerhorn breeding majority is to be cull because of lack of pattern and colors. Is this also apply with the jaguar cichlid or isn't?

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Most people are not very responsible breeding fish. especially CA cichlids as they are so easy to breed I think half of the people breeding CA cichlids like jack Dempsey and jaguars dont even know what culling a fish is. So to answer your question yes most jags have drab colors because people do not cull or breed responsibly so now a days your best bet for a show fish is to get one wild caught or one that has traceable linage to a wild caught fish

Reactions: Fh1

Fh1

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2021
Most people are not very responsible breeding fish. especially CA cichlids as they are so easy to breed I think half of the people breeding CA cichlids like jack Dempsey and jaguars dont even know what culling a fish is. So to answer your question yes most jags have drab colors because people do not cull or breed responsibly so now a days your best bet for a show fish is to get one wild caught or one that has traceable linage to a wild caught fish
Thanks for your answer. I see now why most of the juvenile jag that i see is drab in color or no pattern at all.

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store