female convict
everyone else sex is unknown:
red devil
jack dempsey
salvini
jewel
grammodes
texas

Here is my question: My Green Terror is attacking the glass, spitting sand and flaring up his gills at me! (Normally he's like a puppy to me, always coming up to "say hi") Paradise pointed out to me the other day on a pic I posted that he looks like "he's aching" (direct quote :wink: ) and now I think he's getting ready to breed with the only likely fish, the convict, because she is the only one he isn't chasing relentlessly right now. Is this what is happening, and if so, do I need to remove him? I know if the convict has babies she'll have to be removed, but what about him? I don't want him killing all my fish. Thanks in advance!
:D

jenly

Feeder Fish
Dec 27, 2003
NJ
How old are all these fish? And what size tank are they in? You may find you have aggression problems as they grow as you have several nastier cichlids in there - the gt, the red devil, the jewel are all tough guys.

Sorry, not sure as to the breeding issue. That may be the case, or it could just be the GT bossing everyone else around.

Meganfitz

Feeder Fish
Dec 31, 2003
Oregon
www.cichlidcircus.com
Thank you for the reply, jenly. The fish are all pretty small still, from about 2"-6" (the GT) I decided it was probably too overcrowded in there, so I took the convict, the jewel, the texas, and the salvini out, and all is peaceful now! Hoping that has fixed the problem! [smilie=mf_laughbounce.gif]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store