Is there a larger alternative sinking pellet that is similar to hikari sinking gold “medium size”

Mofo fish

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2021
Charlotte NC
I recently noticed hikari only offers their cichlid gold in medium sinking pellets. I’m looking for a larger alternative instead of massivore delight. I sent hikari a message and they said they won’t make it in large unless there is a ridiculous order placed. Any suggestions for an alternative? It’s primarily for my catfish but I’m looking to feed all my larger fish they same thing. Any feed back/ideas would be appreciated

Reactions: jjohnwm and Rtc/tsn

Mofo fish

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2021
Charlotte NC
Addition to above comment
Northfin carnivore is 10mm
That’s probably going to be what I role with, everything I’ve researched says they have great ingredients, it doesn’t cloud water and their fish love it. Additionally there are many reports of longer fins and better colors so I’ll give it a shot ?

Reactions: Ruturaj

Mofo fish

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2021
Charlotte NC
Hikari medium gold is 4.8~ 5.3mm (https://www.hikari.info/koimenu/koi_size.html)

NLS Jumbo 7.5-8mm
NLS mini wafer size 7.25-7.75mm
NLS Float Extra Large size pellet 4.5-5mm. (only Float has Extra Large size)
NLS Large pellet size 3-3.5mm

Northfin makes 4mm & 6mm size pellets
Yea northfin carnivore is going to more than likely be what I role with. Everything I’ve read says, no fillers. The fish love it and it doesn’t cloud water after feeding. Thanks for the feedback!

jjohnwm

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I've never seen either the Northfin Carnivore or the Extreme large pellets. Useful info, gotta check into those. I don't completely trust any claims that a single pellet is 100% nutritionally complete, so it would be great to have a couple or a few different types on hand to alternate feedings with the Massivore pellets that I can get locally. Thanks to the OP for starting this thread, and to those who contributed. :)

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store