MFK Member
May 17, 2019
Maldives
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
20ppm
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
31-40%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
IMG_20200624_132910.jpg

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Your Ammonia should ideally be 0.
I assume you meant 2.0 ppm
Which is pretty high.
The white stringy poo could be a sign of parasites.
kno4te kno4te

Reactions: kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
What happened to ur other post? Please clarify ur water numbers for us. Get some water changes going. I’d separate for now in a hospital tank. Try feeding some hex shield and adding some Epsom salt to the tank, 1 tbsp per 5g. May have to soak in some garlic to stimulate an appetite. Also add triple sulfa. Gotta keep the water clean if separating the fish.

Reactions: Oscar Mike

Scorpio99

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 17, 2019
Maldives
What happened to ur other post? Please clarify ur water numbers for us. Get some water changes going. I’d separate for now in a hospital tank. Try feeding some hex shield and adding some Epsom salt to the tank, 1 tbsp per 5g. May have to soak in some garlic to stimulate an appetite. Also add triple sulfa. Gotta keep the water clean if separating the fish.
I had 20ppm nitatres in my tank, I have done a 50 percent water change and have separated the sick fish. Have added epsom salt to the hospital tank and now I feeding all my fish pellets with metroplex and focus. How long should I keep the separated fish in epsom salt?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I had 20ppm nitatres in my tank, I have done a 50 percent water change and have separated the sick fish. Have added epsom salt to the hospital tank and now I feeding all my fish pellets with metroplex and focus. How long should I keep the separated fish in epsom salt?
Keep separated till the poop changes color and has put on some size.

Reactions: Scorpio99

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
How frequently should I change the water in the hospital tank and should I add epsom salt Everytime I do a water change?
I’d change it if the water starts to get bad. Wouldn’t add anymore Epsom salt.

Reactions: Scorpio99
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store