Is this black spot okay on this clown Loach?

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
I think I've seen random spots like this on clown loaches on YouTube before but I'm a worrier and just really to make sure as this fish is nearing the end if his QT period.

Thanks.

Rescued him at the end of November. Preventively treated with levamisole and general cure for deworming. Eating fine. When he can't see me watching the tank he does the loachy swim up and down this 10g. I hope to get him with some companions in the main tank soon.

IMG_20190108_085409.jpg MVIMG_20190108_085217.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Don’t look like much. Would just watch since uve already treated with meds.

Reactions: tlindsey

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
Thanks for responses. He's been in qiquaranti for over two months now. I would've moved him over already but two fish scraped themselves last week. In an abundance of caution, I'm walking waiting for them to heal fully before I transfer any fish over, just in case.

The fish seems great. I feel bad bc he's alone except for a fry (that I think grew from eggs that we're on the sponge filter I transferred over).

He was in a tank before this alone except for a rainbow shark he apparently hung out with; I was afraid rainbow shark wouldn't get along with my panda garra so I only adopted the Loach.

I can't wait to move him over as he hasn't seen his own kind since the previous owner purchased him. I was told he is like 5 years old.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store