Is this hex?

atm82

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2014
Arizona
I noticed my flowerhorn not eating t
Yesterday and noticed this floating in the tank. I have never dealt with this before. What is the best way to cure?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1416157196158.jpg

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Could be the mucus lining of the intestines that it pooped out. Stress causes hex to flare up. Try soaking pellets in Epsom salt solution 1tbsp per liter water. You can add a piece of smelt or shrimp to the solution for scent to entice it to eat.

I've used pipettes and syringes to inject down throat into stomach before on fish that won't eat with bad hex. Epsom is incredibly safe, I like it more than Metro.

A user named RD has a great sticky on this in the disease forum. You can't find it easily on mobile app without using the search function. On computer it will be right at the top of the screen in that forum.

atm82

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2014
Arizona
Awesome. Yeah I am planning to go the epsom salt route. I just wanted to be sure what the stringy poop was. I have never dealt with hex before so I am not absolutely sure what I'm looking for.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Awesome. Yeah I am planning to go the epsom salt route. I just wanted to be sure what the stringy poop was. I have never dealt with hex before so I am not absolutely sure what I'm looking for.

Lack of appetite, lethargy, white poop.
I treat all new fish with pellets like this. They nearly always have hex inside them, stress just makes it take over.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store