Is this Ick?Help

Marximus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
actually theres one rbps thats very aggressive i think its the alpha of the shoal i already have. i am thinking of rehoming it bec idk if it will ever stop chasing them. Should i do medications like erythromycin?

A&A

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2020
So the ones in question are 3 caribe with 3 rbp.. the video doesnt show the vague humeral spot but its there in person.
Understood. There is a fish in there that has an interesting gold hue around his gills and is different IMO. I was just curious as to what it was.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Understood. There is a fish in there that has an interesting gold hue around his gills and is different IMO. I was just curious as to what it was.
Those do remind me more of piraya with the yellow. Caribes would have a red belly and black spot (unless juvie colors are different).
actually theres one rbps thats very aggressive i think its the alpha of the shoal i already have. i am thinking of rehoming it bec idk if it will ever stop chasing them. Should i do medications like erythromycin?
IMO meds aren’t really necessary with piranhas. They have amazing immune systems and can heal from damage worse than yours have in weeks. You could remove the alpha, but then a new one would just take its place and the cycle would continue.

Marximus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
Those do remind me more of piraya with the yellow. Caribes would have a red belly and black spot (unless juvie colors are different).

IMO meds aren’t really necessary with piranhas. They have amazing immune systems and can heal from damage worse than yours have in weeks. You could remove the alpha, but then a new one would just take its place and the cycle would continue.

i did remove the alpha for a day and the group was doing better then last night i put him back in and he was chasing them again.. at this point ill prolly better off removing him entirely. The ones with nip fins were sold as imported caribes by waters edge aquarium in PA. While the RBPs were from aquascape online. i always wondered tho bec i got them from a tank that was not in the website. They were 10 of them in a 20g while the rest of the rbps were in this big tank. I hope my new guys recover

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I do actually see a faint black spot. Probably not there due to stress.
In that case with the alpha removing him sounds like a good idea if it helped before.

Marximus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
I do actually see a faint black spot. Probably not there due to stress.
In that case with the alpha removing him sounds like a good idea if it helped before.
the humeral on this guys are faint bec i think they were already stressed in the lfs. they were in small cubed dividers like betta fishes then when i put them in my tank they got picked on so i hope by removing the alpha id get them back in shape. Thanks guys!

A&A

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2020
It is obvious to me which of the fish are Cariba. I am curious what the pygo is that comes across the screen at 24 or 25 seconds. It comes into frame a couple of times. Fish is in very good shape. I wonder if that is the aggressor as well.

Reactions: Deadeye

Marximus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
It is obvious to me which of the fish are Cariba. I am curious what the pygo is that comes across the screen at 24 or 25 seconds. It comes into frame a couple of times. Fish is in very good shape. I wonder if that is the aggressor as well.
Yes it is.. i believe its the alpha of the shoal I have before adding the caribes. If solo I think it would be a very good specimen since its bigger and is more outgoing. It actually goes up to the glass while the others hide when I’m around that is why I’m kinda torn if I should rehome him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store