is this normal?

vtnamezeboi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2005
my temperature in my tank reads about 82 degrees. when it touch my water it somewhat warm. then every morning if i touch my water it is pretty cold, but my temp still reads 82. is this normal? or am i just sensitive in the morning.

brettrotchell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2006
Oakville
TEMP IS VERY IMPORTANT TO FISH . I WOULD GET A A NEW THERMOSATE IT CAN HURT JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE . WHAT KINDA FISH DO YOU HAVE ? THAT WOULD HELP TO SEE IF TEMP SHOULD BE HIGH OR LOW . BUT IF EVERYTHING IS WORKING RIGHT LIKE THERMOSATE AND HEATER , YOU ARE JUST SENSITIVE IN THE MORNING .:drool:

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
It could just be that you ar sensitive, or it could be that the thermometer is broken.

P.S. Brettrotchell I think you capslock is stuck in the on position.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
mines the same way i think we are more sensative to temp in the morning.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
The surface of the water will normaly be warm if you have a good amount of light on the tank. The extra heat from the light heats up the surface of the water. With the lights being off all night the surface of the water would be cooler. Stick your hand down deeper in the water and is will most likely be cooler than the water on the surface.

vtnamezeboi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2005
my thermometer is not broken i took it out and tried it in cold water and it went down.

Deathcurl

BOO!!!
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
NYC
Yah...I'd think it's our skin sensititvity/temperature at the time. Just like a room can be hot or cold to you at different times, but the temperature remains constant.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store