Is this too many fish for a 210g?

Dcbirch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2020
Looking to get some experienced opinions here. is this too much for a 210?

- red shoulder severum
- green spotted severum
- red spotted severum
- sveni pike
- Oscar
- 7 winemilleri
- 7 electric blue acara
- bushy nose Pleco
- pitcus cat

I currently have all these fish growing out in 3 separate tanks and I’m trying to decide if I can put them all in a 210. I may weed out a couple of the geo’s and acaras to have a good male to felmae ratio. I’d be willing to get rid of the pitcus to but I don’t forsee him being the root of any issues.

Thanks!

Dcbirch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2020
Forgot to add that there will be a 40gal sump, fx6, and a drip system. I will forgo the fx6 if it’s not needed.

arosky

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2010
Colorado
Some will say to many some will say it’s not, keep the fx6 with the sump and as long as parameters are fine the fish will be nice and healthy may even get a bigger sump :) post pics when completed !

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I wouldn’t put the pictus catfish With an Oscar. I’m also concerned about the 3 Severums since a pair could develop.

Dcbirch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2020
I wouldn’t put the pictus catfish With an Oscar. I’m also concerned about the 3 Severums since a pair could develop.
Are you saying the Oscar might eat him? If it changes anything the pitcus is currently 6 inches where the Oscar is 2”.
The Oscar is my smallest fish actually. But I know he will eventually outgrow others.

Even though the severums are a different variety? Should I be concerned about the geo’s or acara’s pairing up and causing issues with others?

Dcbirch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2020
Current sizes of everything (if it matters)

The 3 severums are 5-7”
The pike is 7”
The pitcus is 6”

all of these^ are currently in a 90 and have all done really well together for the last 10+ months. I did have a couple geos early on that the pike ate. They were just way too small (2”) which is why I’ve been growing out a batch since that happened.

All the electric blue acara and winemilleri are 3-4” and are currently in a 40b

The BN is full grow (6”)
Oscar is 2”
They are together in a 20.

I was planing on waiting a few months for the acaras, winemilleris, and Oscar to get more size before joining them with what’s in the 90 but all at once in a new 210.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Since most of your fish are young, its not over stocked at the moment.
Once they all reach adulthood, it may be a different story.
To me the oscar, Sevs, pike cichlid, and none cichlids at adulthood would be fully stocked,......or
The winemilleri, and acaras, with non-cichlids would be plenty when they all reach adulthood
To illustrate where I'm coming from......
I have a similar size tank to yours at the moment, maybe 2" or 3" in depth size smaller, with 2 sumps.
I have about a dozen adult Panamanian acaras, @5", a 6" Pleco, and a couple Roeboides tetras (3-4")
I do daily water changes, with 5 times an hour full tank cycles thru the sumps, and lots of aquatic and terrestrial plants to eat nitrate.
I consider my tank teetering on overstocked.
I would not add anymore fish to mine, unless I removed some of the current residents first.

Reactions: fishhead0103666

Dcbirch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2020
Since most of your fish are young, its not over stocked at the moment.
Once they all reach adulthood, it may be a different story.
To me the oscar, Sevs, pike cichlid, and none cichlids at adulthood would be fully stocked,......or
The winemilleri, and acaras, with non-cichlids would be plenty when they all reach adulthood
To illustrate where I'm coming from......
I have a similar size tank to yours at the moment, maybe 2" or 3" in depth size smaller, with 2 sumps.
I have about a dozen adult Panamanian acaras, @5", a 6" Pleco, and a couple Roeboides tetras (3-4")
I do daily water changes, with 5 times an hour full tank cycles thru the sumps, and lots of aquatic and terrestrial plants to eat nitrate.
I consider my tank teetering on overstocked.
I would not add anymore fish to mine, unless I removed some of the current residents first.
Are you referring to what everything is currently in, or if everything was in a 210?

crocoyes7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2020
I have a tank slightly bigger than that keeping some of the fish you listed all of which are about half grown and I maxed out at 7 fish total. Will have to get a bigger tank pretty soon just for the seven I have. As far as the parrot fish goes, I know all the sites say a 200 is the minimum tank size, but if you have ever seen a full grown one you will know a 1,000 gallon tank is even to small.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store