ISO spiny eels!

MaDMatt

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hey folks. Im currently lookikg to add a borneo python eel, a burmese zebra eel, a orange spotted eel, tangeyuken (I probably spelled that wrong) eel, and rosette eel to my collection.

Basically, I love the more rare and exotic speciea.

If anybody here ever wants to sell any of these or can direct me to a online merchant who has one, please keep me in mins

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hey folks. Im currently lookikg to add a borneo python eel, a burmese zebra eel, a orange spotted eel, tangeyuken (I probably spelled that wrong) eel, and rosette eel to my collection.

Basically, I love the more rare and exotic speciea.

If anybody here ever wants to sell any of these or can direct me to a online merchant who has one, please keep me in mins

Welcome aboard:)

SharptoothBass SharptoothBass

MaDMatt

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2018
lol, sorry guys for all the spelling errors. I was using a phone at the time.

Anyway, Im pretty much a sucker for spiny eels. I currently own a black spotted, 2 zig zags, 1 aral (striped peacock),yellow tail spiny eel, a regular peacock and a starry night eel.

I did own a very large orange spotted eel (I had him for 2 and half years), this guy was huge! And he ate like no other eel I have. He would down 4 night crawlers a day if I let him! He was probably 16 inches when he someone managed blow open the tank lid and die on the floor. he was easily as thick as one of the old half dollars. Awesome eel, had a awesome personality too. He never hid, wasn't shy, always begging for food or attention. His loss really hit me hard at the time.

Since then, I have modified my 120's lids so that they must be unlocked to be opened.

anyway, again, if you awesome guys could keep me in mind if you see any cool eel species out on the interwebs or decide you want to sell one, I'd appreciate it

Aqu4R7U8

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2018
Hi everyone. I'm new to the Forum. I'm from South Africa. Someone gave me a Borneo Python Eel. But I can't find enough info on them. The eel is currently around 30 cm and i want to put him in my 300L tank.

Is it true that they escape if it is not fully closed off? Here is a picture of my tank (without water) Old picture.

20180501_114705.jpg

And here picture of the eel I got (still need to go pick it up).
IMG-20180506-WA0002[1].jpgIMG-20180506-WA0003[1].jpg

Any info on this will be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi everyone. I'm new to the Forum. I'm from South Africa. Someone gave me a Borneo Python Eel. But I can't find enough info on them. The eel is currently around 30 cm and i want to put him in my 300L tank.

Is it true that they escape if it is not fully closed off? Here is a picture of my tank (without water) Old picture.

View attachment 1314064

And here picture of the eel I got (still need to go pick it up).
View attachment 1314065View attachment 1314066

Any info on this will be highly appreciated.
Welcome aboard :)

Yes all Eels including Spiny species will try to escape from the aquarium. Cover all gaps.

Reactions: Aqu4R7U8 and kno4te

Aqu4R7U8

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2018
Welcome aboard :)

Yes all Eels including Spiny species will try to escape from the aquarium. Cover all gaps.
tlindsey tlindsey thank you :D

I have a lid on the aquarium and do not think he will be able to escape through the tiny gaps but I do not know hot thick the eel is yet but I do have glass which I can put on the aquarium if I have to.

Does anyone know how their behavior is etc? This is my first time having a eel. Somethings that I need to watch out for or anything I need to know before getting him / her?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Keep the water clean. Lot of these eels come from rivers with flow. Avoid sharp decor.

Normally hide and burrow in sand. Comes out when hungry. Get less and less shy as it goes. Nice eel. Very cool.

The eel you have will get 20-24inches.

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
tlindsey tlindsey thank you :D

I have a lid on the aquarium and do not think he will be able to escape through the tiny gaps but I do not know hot thick the eel is yet but I do have glass which I can put on the aquarium if I have to.

Does anyone know how their behavior is etc? This is my first time having a eel. Somethings that I need to watch out for or anything I need to know before getting him / her?
kno4te kno4te

Reactions: kno4te

Aqu4R7U8

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2018
Thank you kno4te kno4te , so everything looks good at the moment. just need to check the spaces where it can escape. The guy I'm getting the eel from says that the eel eats pallets. any other food that I can give him?

are they aggressive towards other fish? I will be adding 2x bala sharks, 1x High-fin pleco and then the Borneo Python Eel. You think they all will be fine with each other?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store