Issues, Salvini not going after food....

Scottfree

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
location, location, location
I rescued a 2" Salvini a couple months back, put him in a 15g quarintine tank. He was looking great and took out 4 Zebra Danios and ate any sort of pellet or shrimp I threw in there. I since have moved him to a 200gallon with top notch filtration (Cell pore w/d bio-rocker). The tank is fully cycled, water conditions are perfect 7.6 PH and zeros for am. and ni. His tank mates are a 4" male GT, 3" female GT, 1 3.5" JAg (which I'll get to later), 2 3.5" Clown Loaches, and 3 Giant Danios. When I first put in the Salvini he conitnued to eat whatever was put in the tank, however the past 3-4 days he won't go after anything. He has developed a little territory and doesn't stray much from there, his body and fins are in perfect shape and keeps his dorsal extended. My 2 GT's had fry in there a few days ago, which were all eaten in quick order (didn't notice who got to them, but they are gone, the GT's have spawned succesfully numerous times, 1st time in the 200). Is it possible the Salvini had himself a fishfry (pun intentional) and has lost interest in prepared foods? Any guesses?

Now on with my annoying Jag, ever since I got this Jag 4 months ago he has been very finicky, but he'll eat some Hikari Gold, loves Blood worms and plankton, and was eating shrimp readily. The last couple days he comes to the surface like he's hungry will take down some shrimp but end up spitting it out, what could the issue be? Bloat? Are Jag's succeptible to bloat? Start of HITH?? I don't see a single mark on him, and his color and fins are perfect, and he also keeps his dorsal rasied, he is also in a 200g with perfect water parameters....

yourmylunch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2005
FL
you didn't mention nitrate readings. a water change could never hurt

Scottfree

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
location, location, location
you didn't mention nitrate readings. a water change could never hurt

Just did a large water change, I'll see if that helps..... The Cellpore has a denitrifying block which keeps nitrates down, I'm sure it has yet to work since it's only been setup a month, I guess it will take 2-3 months for the denitrification...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store