It’s finally up and running.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
After several months of waiting patiently I finally have one of my 55 gallons up and running. 62547ED3-6B99-4BFB-B939-14CC6FF89560.jpeg
Let’s give a round of applause for the angelfish gang for holding the cycle while the true first inhabitant is being delivered.

Now I just have to get the top 55 set up and 3 more tanks....

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002...+55+gallon&dpPl=1&dpID=41r30aAwEXL&ref=plSrch
The stand is incredibly flimsy when there’s nothing on it but don’t worry because is much more sturdy once you put a tank on it. Putting just a tank on the top is not a smart idea because it could tip over but putting a tank only on the bottom is a better idea. What you want to do is put a tank on bottom then on top and it will be incredibly sturdy.
Also by the way when I said it was very flimsy when nothing is on it I meant it, a baby could pull it over.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
What's the final stock going to be?
About 3 black moors and 5 dojo loaches, not golden dojo loaches but normal ones. I may add 1 or two more black moors or a few more dojo loaches once everyone is fully grown and I can see if it will be crowded with anyone else added but I’m happy with the 3 moors and 5 loaches.
I won’t be able to get the loaches or goldfish until I can set up a 40 gallon breeder in my room. I may or may not have bought a fish to go in the 40 breeder before I had it set up so it has to go in the 55 until I set his home up :grinyes:

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Be careful going so fast man, easy to burn out. This hobby is a long haul, you'll have plenty of time to set up more tanks. Just a word of friendly advice.

Stand looks nice, will look even better with 2 tanks. good stuff

CichlidKeeper01

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2017
About 3 black moors and 5 dojo loaches, not golden dojo loaches but normal ones. I may add 1 or two more black moors or a few more dojo loaches once everyone is fully grown and I can see if it will be crowded with anyone else added but I’m happy with the 3 moors and 5 loaches.
I won’t be able to get the loaches or goldfish until I can set up a 40 gallon breeder in my room. I may or may not have bought a fish to go in the 40 breeder before I had it set up so it has to go in the 55 until I set his home up :grinyes:
Nice, sounds like a cool tank. I need to set up a coldwater tank, dont have the space though.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Yeah I may be going a bit fast with trying to set up two 55 gallons, two 75 gallons, and a 40 gallon breeder all within a year considering it took me ten years to get to where I am with my 75 gallon, 55 gallon, and 29 gallon. The funny/sad part is that I had to convince myself not to add two more 55 gallons in my room :(.
The total amount of gallons I would have had if I set up every tank would have been 569 gallons.

Anyway the top tank will consist of discus since I finally think I’m experienced enough to handle them.

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Sweet. Just my two cents worth but if you stick with the 3 GF and your dojos, plant it heavily, it'd be an easy to balance amd maintain system. If you go 5 GF you can manage it but its more work. If you are keeping multiple systems you want to keep individual tanks as low maintenance as possible or, as previously mentioned, you will burn out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store