It Just Hasn't Been My Week.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Warning: long, not-so-interesting post below, but I need to get it out.

So, I stayed away from home Saturday night. Had a ball picking on my cousin for being a sook and not wanting to be at home at night without her bf even though she's 6'2 and they live in a rather snooty area.. :D

Sunday however, was hell. I got woken up Sunday morning by a phone call from my hubby telling me that Bruce (my betta) had passed away during the night; he was old and I knew it was coming but it still upset me. On a positive note the minnows and kuhllis got to go back in the 2ft so at least some good came of it I guess.

Sunday afternoon I get a call from my aunt saying that one of my goldfish in her pond got fished out and mauled by the neighbour's cat, it was one of my babies that I hatched and raised so I was really gutted about that. My hubby went over Monday and put a mesh cover over the pond so it shouldn't happen again.

Monday night I realized that I hadn't seen Finn Lee (my oranda) since Saturday when I left so I start pulling the tank apart looking for him, he was dead, wedged behind the power head. I felt so horrible when I seen him! That was fish number 3 this week, I don't think I've ever lost so many fish in such a short period of time before. :(

Tuesday (yesterday) comes and my hubby went into town to buy our cat food and rings me up asking me to set up a "little" quarantine tank that I assumed was for small fish seeing as how we were talking about getting more minnows when Bruce eventually passed.. He had brought another small pair of silver dollars (on an impulse mind you!) So they had to sit in the baggy for another 20 mins (on top of the 20 mins it took him to drive home) while I set up a medium sized qt tank. After the tank was set up we had a bit of a heated debate about silver dollars. His argument was that they're a schooling fish and he felt bad keeping One Buck and Two Bucks as a pair - fair enough but the biggest tank we have is a 5ft 400ltr that I personally feel isn't big enough for 4 SDs along with all our tetras and cory cats. On top of that he got one male and one female, I told him he should have gotten two females but he said they only had the one female - whatever, I give up, sometimes you've got to pick your battles and there was no winning this one..

And if my fishkeeping wasn't stressful enough I had my little cousin (18, almost 19) ring me this morning crying her eyes out because she's up the duff and her (now ex) bf kicked her out when he found out, so we've spent all day setting up the spare room for her and we're now living with a pregnant 18 year old because I couldn't see her on the streets, preggers or not... Damn my kind heart..

I swear if anything else happens before the week is through I'm guna flip. Its only Wednesday night and there has been so many stressful events already, they say bad things come in threes, not for me, I'm at four so far this week.. I wonder what else can/will go wrong?

On a more positive note, I've gained 2kgs in the last month! I now fluctuate between 37 and 39kgs instead of 35 and 37kgs! (Thanks to Frank Castle Frank Castle for telling me what the drs couldn't!) Woot!!! Let's just hope the stress from this week doesn't strip it back off me... I'll be peeved of it does..

Anyways there's my long, boring rant about my life these past few days.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
sorry for the fish losses. We all have those weeks in this hobby. I lost my two Senegal polys within 2 days of eachother, and then my north American native tank lost two pickerel for no reason as well not long ago, I know the feeling.

SD's are hardy fish...at least they aren't stuck at the lfs anymore.

lol I read "up the duff" and the worst thoughts came into my head. Also tell that ex to be a man about the problem, and then kick the everliving ish out of him for doing that to a pregnant teenager. That kid would be eating through a straw in a full body cast if it were me. That's all assuming its his kid, not to say anything negative about your cousin that is.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
sorry for the fish losses. We all have those weeks in this hobby. I lost my two Senegal polys within 2 days of eachother, and then my north American native tank lost two pickerel for no reason as well not long ago, I know the feeling.

SD's are hardy fish...at least they aren't stuck at the lfs anymore.

lol I read "up the duff" and the worst thoughts came into my head. Also tell that ex to be a man about the problem, and then kick the everliving ish out of him for doing that to a pregnant teenager. That kid would be eating through a straw in a full body cast if it were me. That's all assuming its his kid that is, not to say anything negative about your cousin that is.
True, but I really dislike buying fish on impulse, you wouldn't get a puppy, kitten, horse, goat, teacup pig or whatever else on an impulse and I personally think fish should get the same respect. :)

Yeah his kid. I guess he's just 19 and scared, but I mean, like she isn't??? She's the one who has to squeeze it out after all, and its not like she can just "up and leave" like he did. :/
I had to stop my hubby from belting the crud out of him earlier, he was going off his face about "being a man" and "owning up to your mistakes" and "keep it in your pants if you're not willing.." I like my hubby not in prison if I can help it. Haha

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
True, but I really dislike buying fish on impulse, you wouldn't get a puppy, kitten, horse, goat, teacup pig or whatever else on an impulse and I personally think fish should get the same respect. :)

Yeah his kid. I guess he's just 19 and scared, but I mean, like she isn't??? She's the one who has to squeeze it out after all, and its not like she can just "up and leave" like he did. :/
I had to stop my hubby from belting the crud out of him earlier, he was going off his face about "being a man" and "owning up to your mistakes" and "keep it in your pants if you're not willing.." I like my hubby not in prison if I can help it. Haha
Id most certainly buy a teacup pig on impulse! that sounds awesome! lol

scared or not, your husband is right, man the hell up.

that's the beauty of not being married, no one minds if I go to prison haha.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Id most certainly buy a teacup pig on impulse! that sounds awesome! lol

scared or not, your husband is right, man the hell up.

that's the beauty of not being married, no one minds if I go to prison haha.
LOL! Technically we're not married yet (7th of July 2018 we're tying the knot, on our 10yr anniversary) but I'm only 23 and have been with him for 8yrs and "boyfriend" just doesn't sound right after all that time. :D

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
LOL! Technically we're not married yet (7th of July 2018 we're tying the knot, on our 10yr anniversary) but I'm only 23 and have been with him for 8yrs and "boyfriend" just doesn't sound right after all that time. :D
oh ya you two are married lol.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Sorry to hear about your week and curious to know how you gained weight and how frank inspired you lol

When I was at that age I couldn't gain weight I was 135 at 5"11. I tried everything nothing worked. I got married and instantly bam hit 180 and I quit smoking for a few months but got back on. Solid 160 now and loving it.

Fish Come and go and you're awesome for letting the pregnant child stay with you lol

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Sorry to hear about your week and curious to know how you gained weight and how frank inspired you lol

When I was at that age I couldn't gain weight I was 135 at 5"11. I tried everything nothing worked. I got married and instantly bam hit 180 and I quit smoking for a few months but got back on. Solid 160 now and loving it.

Fish Come and go and you're awesome for letting the pregnant child stay with you lol
I'm 5'3 and in pounds about 83. He told me its possible to gain muscle without gaining fat first and from there is was just a matter of working out how much exercise was enough to make muscle and not drop weight. And its working! Surprisingly quickly too. I'm aiming for around 55-60kgs. :)

And she's my baby cousin, her parents are dead and her brothers are a**holes. I couldn't see her homeless, especially while pregnant. Although I'm hoping to sit down with her in a few days and help her find accommodation that's not with me. I've no problems living with her while she's pregnant, I don't think I could handle a baby being raised here. Haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store