It's finally happening!

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
All you can do is tell. The ones who make decisions are responsible.

After all, you may luck out and not run into this problem. Not the approach we recommend but sometimes we have to let the chips fall as they may. One has to start somewhere somehow sometime.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Again, I haven’t seen ANY rodents here besides the ones the cats bring home, but the holes through the pond liners...yikes! Also, I have soil transportation figured out.

edit: I relaid Viktor‘s post to my dad and he said “I am not concerned”.
If the cats are bringing home dead rodents, that means that you have a more than healthy population of RODENTS. Whether you actually see them or not, you have them in your area. My brother lives in the same city as you (on Crest street, between Santa Fe and Birmingham) and he has rat problems of epic proportions.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Ok, we’re ready to bring this project back,

If the cats are bringing home dead rodents, that means that you have a more than healthy population of RODENTS. Whether you actually see them or not, you have them in your area. My brother lives in the same city as you (on Crest street, between Santa Fe and Birmingham) and he has rat problems of epic proportions.
First of all, the cats haven’t brought back a rat in a while. Second, your brother lives very close to me, infact, my school is right around There, and third, could I reinforce with 1ft deep of chicken wire to try to prevent the rats chewing through the liner in one night, because I wil be out there every Day in the morning.

As Viktor said, one has to start somewhere. If I see holes around the pond, I will take much Precautions to prevent rats and any other nasty rodents from eating liner.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store