Jack Dempsey

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
How much do you like your EBJD? Fish don’t have to fight right away. They haven’t had 2 week honeymoon period yet

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Definitely don’t add a gt. The jags would eventually kill both, the only difference is the gt will get itself killed because it picked the fight. There will be a mess coming as the jags grow, and more cichlids are just more chew toys.

TakkerDada

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2020
Definitely don’t add a gt. The jags would eventually kill both, the only difference is the gt will get itself killed because it picked the fight. There will be a mess coming as the jags grow, and more cichlids are just more chew toys.
Was thinking about green terror or a Texas but if y’all think it’s not a good idea then I won’t get ahead

TakkerDada

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2020
How much do you like your EBJD? Fish don’t have to fight right away. They haven’t had 2 week honeymoon period yet
Don’t know why but the Jaguar who is .5 inch bigger than the other keeps on chasing the smaller jag he doesn’t care about the EBJD at all it seems. The bigger Jag doesn’t even let the smaller one eat in peace. Maybe it’s about the dominant male

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Don’t know why but the Jaguar who is .5 inch bigger than the other keeps on chasing the smaller jag he doesn’t care about the EBJD at all it seems. The bigger Jag doesn’t even let the smaller one eat in peace. Maybe it’s about the dominant male
Same species tend to beat on each other first, then work their way down to the others. The larger jag has already shown its aggressive side, and it will trickle down to the other fish. Remove the smaller jag and see.

ctateo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2006
Flushing, NY
mine is rather skittish , at times flying across the tank when i come over to begin feeding. Runs from the larger oscar and even my severum. However when truly threatened hes been quite nasty and has put both the other fish in there place, ripping off half of one of the oscars trialing fins by his belly, and tearing a chunk from the severums tail as well when the severum repeatedly harrassed him.

I truly fear he may jump out of the tank or injure himself severely by crashing into the decor. I bought him almost fully grown at my LFS. definitely one of the more spectacular JD's ive ever seen, but 50% of his tail was missing so I got a good price. He was grown out in a tank with very aggressive tank mates(as the tail showed)

biguebs

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
It’s not going to end well for the JD or the other jag. All the reasons have already been laid out here already. Just adding my +1

I’d put the JD in that 75 now and rehome the #2 jag. I get why you want to do it but it’s just a real long shot based on what’s already happening.

Best of luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store