Jaguar and Rd starting to breed..just wow

RdJag420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
Floriida
ok so I’m moving to Vegas soon so I’ve downsized my fish collection to just two fish (Jag and a RD)divided in a 55 until I get to Vegas in Jan and put them in a 125 the RD is huge and I’m guessing 7 inches maybe 8 super fat like as big as my hand and He bites too lol I’m guessing he’s the male..I thought they were both male because the jag on the other side is not brown she’s grey and black spotted but still has the bars but barely and also fairly large about 6 inches just a lot sleeker and smaller still highly aggressive came from about ten jags and was last one left hence why I thought she was male..so the RD has been breaking down the divider nearly every night to get at this jag and I just thought he hated it..always over night but he would never kill it which I thought odd as he’s killed every other fish he’s ever been in with so has that jag so I Decided to just keep them separate thinking we’ll there two males they’re just tough as nails those must be some crazy fights I Never see overnight lol..well I wake up today to find him in her usual spot with her hiding in the back away from him and him guarding like 300 eggs mostly brown(fertilized) but some white now the divider is back up and the jag seems to be eating some white ones but fanning most the brown and the devil is just pissed as hell the divider is back up..so that’s basically what I’m hoping is they become a pair in the 125 had no idea one was male and the other female their offspring will be some of the most vicious on the planet if they survive lol I’m hoping even a few survive from this batch any tips tricks?..did I mess up by removing the devil so quickly did he hav proper time to fertilize? Really new to breeding as was gunna start with cons guess I’m starting with an RD and a Jaguar Lmao...thx for any tips I’ll try to add some pics tomm

Last edited:

RdJag420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
Floriida
Rd is about 6 or 7 inches with jag about the same just the rd has a huge body sorry for the confusion

RdJag420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
Floriida
The daddy he’s a beast...loves to throw those plants and dig to the the glass lol

76254157-88CF-4F5F-A5B6-7CEF0A5751F7.jpeg

Last edited:

RdJag420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
Floriida
The eggs are on the rock and log they are hard to see and look like a lot more are white than are because of the flash most are darkish brown hoping that’s a good thing? Hoping to at least get a few of these bad boys just for myself also sorry for the iPhone flash pics in the dark best I could do tonite ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store