Jardini stopped eating

vtnamezeboi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2005
Yes my parameters are good. 5 days ago I accidentally dropped a huge smelt in the tank and he went after it. I tried my best to take it from him but he swallowed it down. Day after I added plants/blubbler/ and a blue background now he won’t eat ever since. Is he stressing to new “environment” or can the smelt he swallowed cause any internal damage? From time to time he would rub his face against the glass. Also how long can they go without eating?

FE588DFA-050F-495F-8F1E-DF8A460A86C6.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: jaws7777

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yes my parameters are good. 5 days ago I accidentally dropped a huge smelt in the tank and he went after it. I tried my best to take it from him but he swallowed it down. Day after I added plants/blubbler/ and a blue background now he won’t eat ever since. Is he stressing to new “environment” or can the smelt he swallowed cause any internal damage? From time to time he would rub his face against the glass. Also how long can they go without eating?

View attachment 1379555

Yes when you disturbed the environment it may have gotten a little stressed. Sometimes Aro's will go through not eating but the Aro should be fine for a few days. The Arowana looks very healthy so I wouldn't get stressed about it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store