Jardini...Tail fin rot? Help *large pics*

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Hey my jardini also got such same problem please let me know what you had done . Please help me.
Have you tested your water ? Any ammonia/nitrite ? High nitrates ?

Reactions: Swaroop gadekar

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
No . Not having test kits.
Its going to be tough to rule out poor water quality as the cause of this with out a test kit.
How many fish on the tank ? Tank size ? Filtration ? How long has the tank been up and running ?

Swaroop gadekar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2019
Pune,India.
Its going to be tough to rule out poor water quality as the cause of this with out a test kit.
How many fish on the tank ? Tank size ? Filtration ? How long has the tank been up and running ?
Tank is been running from 9 months. I have only the jardini no other tankmates. Tank size 6x2x1.5 ft. Overhead filter

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Tank is been running from 9 months. I have only the jardini no other tankmates. Tank size 6x2x1.5 ft. Overhead filter
Still have to check your parameters of the water to be able to know if anythings wrong with your water doing this.
Ph
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Agree with tobiassorensen.

When ever ive encountered this it was with new fish, shipped or kept in poor water. Lots of water changes helped. If you were able to test the qater we xan rule out poor water quality and or somerhing in your tap water.

Tank seems to be cycled since its been up and running but again no way to tell if you potentially lost the cycle with out testing.

Whats you water change routine ? How much and how often ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store