Jebao pumps

JohnTr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2015
I would like to purchase a jebao 15000 pump for a return pump. Does anyone have this brand before? Is it good and valuable?

Homer Siped

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2015
All of the reviews I have read are very good, I am also looking at getting this pump for my turtle tank. I'm hoping an owner chimes in on this, or others opinions. Only bad things I've heard of are the controllers breaking in a short time

Danh

Piranha
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
South East
I have a12000 that I got for 75. It's quiet and has worked fine for the last couple of weeks. I figure I can buy 4 more of I need to.

Red_Man

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2010
Indiana
There are a number of members on here that utilize these pumps. All the reviews are solid and a couple members have had them up and running for a year or better. I myself have a couple of them on a truck headed to me as we speak. There has been a revision to the line up of these pumps recently and they claim the power supply issue has been fixed. Guess we shall see. Worst case is you have to buy another power supply and they are sub $20 on ebay and amazon for a quality supply.

JohnTr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2015
Where is the good place to buy it? Amazon have it for $140.

Homer Siped

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2015
Yea, was looking on Amazon. It's great to hear of people that actually own these, and awesome if power supply issue was fixed

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Ive had about 5 dc12000 all die on me. Absolutly horrible

Alot of people have had bad power supplies, and in all my 5 when the power supply went it fried the motor too

Reactions: Orthopod

PhysicsDude

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'm very happy with my DCT-8000.

It seems their new DCT line controller and power supplies are a lot higher quality than their older pumps. Only time will tell though, their pumps are still too new to the market to really test their quality.

hart24601

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2015
I recently bought a return pump for my new 180g. I looked over threads and reviews, especially on the salt side, and made the decision to stick with AC pump. I had good luck with my sicce 3.0 and got a 5.0. Even with more and more good reviews on DC return pumps there are still a lot of bad experiences and failures and a return pump is too critical to have fail for me. Especially as a good AC pump lifetime is generally measured in decades.

I'm sure DC will have its place soon - it's great for powerheads, but I have never wanted to vary my return pump flow, they don't have as good height performance, power savings isn't huge and I personally don't want another controller that I will never use under the stand.

I like new tech, but not on something that my filtration, aeration and heater are linked to in my sump. With a powerhead I figure if it breaks the Chinese ones are cheap enough to replace and give it a try - and I have good results with them, but I don't want to risk it with a return. That pump goes and the tank goes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store