Joining the Cool Kids Club Again

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Idk who remembers my infamous post 5-6 years ago where I got stung by a ray, but that scarring incident was enough for me to formally retire from the stingray game...at least until now.

Being friends with some of the best ray keepers and breeders in the country, this was inevitable. I was torn on what species to get, but when these little gems came up, I knew I had found the ones. Anyway, enjoy the pics. I can't wait for these guys to grow and mature.

IMG_3136.JPG

IMG_3138.JPG IMG_3139.JPG

IMG_3140.JPG

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
I did read your thread about getting nailed when I was originally researching getting into ray keeping. Quite an experience!! Glad your back to keeping rays...marbles have to be one of the coolest rays to watch develop and change as they grow. Awesome!!

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
They look great. What substrates are you using?

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Stunning pups!!!!

Welcome back!!!
When you stung by rays... no matter how.. you hooked for life...

shookONES

MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
I did read your thread about getting nailed when I was originally researching getting into ray keeping. Quite an experience!! Glad your back to keeping rays...marbles have to be one of the coolest rays to watch develop and change as they grow. Awesome!!
Yeah definitely an experience I'll never forget. Fingers crossed it will prove a one-time deal. And there is a fair amount of mystery with these marbles. I've never seen the parents, just know they have lineage overseas. Judging by the pattern at such a small size, I'm excited. These Asian rays are crazy.

They look great. What substrates are you using?
Thanks! Substrate is mostly this cool round, flat, river rock I got from my LFS...nondescript and expensive, all things considered, but I love it. The little bit of sand left is Carib Sea Sunset Gold.

Beautiful rays! Welcome back!
Stunning pups!!!!

Welcome back!!!
When you stung by rays... no matter how.. you hooked for life...
Thanks guys. I see what you did there MariaS MariaS LOL

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Nice to see you keeping them again. They have a great deal of potential and look wonderful. congratulations

shookONES

MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store