Just another grow out thread

Swflfisheries

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2016
Well this is my first post so I'll try to make it interesting. I have been on the site for quite some time but always just looking for info or to check out some true monsters. So I figured I'd show off some of my own and have a place to keep track of photos

But enough of the small talk and on to the fish

First up is the goonch which I'm 99% sure is bagarius rutilus

The first day in the tank right around 5-5.5in 10/2016
IMG_1243.PNG

Cuddling with my TSN right around 10-11in
IMG_1262.JPG

He was moved to his own tank shortly after due to lack of eating and the TSN decided to have a go at him finally colored up
IMG_1010.PNG
IMG_0992.JPG

After about 4 months on his own he had grown to about 9in and was put back in with the others

IMG_1242.JPG IMG_1239.JPG IMG_1263.JPG

I Picked up 3 pictus catfish from the lfs to add some activity to the tank, they took a liking to the goonch but that lasted one night and now I'm down to just 2...IMG_1250.JPG

And my biggest fish, I've had for about 8 months now is my TSN (curious on a proper ID) I got him at 3.5in hes now right around 16in and feeding primarily on frozen silversides and carnivore pellets (refuses live food)
IMG_1258.JPG IMG_1259.JPG IMG_1260.JPG IMG_1261.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Good job. I am a bit afraid for the goonch and the pictus because the TSN can eat them and like with all animals there may not necessarily be a warning. Zigfred and Roy tigers weren't fed live either... one just never knows when and what will trigger a predator to strike.

The species looks assuredly fasciatum to me.

Reactions: Swflfisheries

Swflfisheries

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2016
Good job. I am a bit afraid for the goonch and the pictus because the TSN can eat them and like with all animals there may not necessarily be a warning. Zigfred and Roy tigers weren't fed live either... one just never knows when and what will trigger a predator to strike.

The species looks assuredly fasciatum to me.

Thanks for the ID! I know it's a risk with him being so much bigger but they have yet to bother each other since being put back in the same tank so we will see how it goes.

Swflfisheries

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2016
Well looks like these guys are finally gonna get an adequate sized home. Picked up this 375 gallon tank over the weekend for 200$!! Gonna build a nice rock cave insert for it and give it a good cleaning and it should be ready to go in the house IMG_1307.JPG

the 80 gallon they're currently in IMG_1308.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: moe214 and Chub_by

Swflfisheries

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2016
Well not a whole lot to update other then I found and fixed a crack in the 375 gallon tank I just recently purchased, it had been dropped and repaired at some point in the past but still had a very minimal leak from the bottom so I made some small 3x3 1/4 in acrylic squares and built a new corner for it and now it's holding water great IMG_1306.JPG

Meanwhile the 80 gallon had been quite over due for a water change so I did about a 75% change and woke up to a Mexican stand off the next morning IMG_1313.JPG

But needless to say they are still getting along great. IMG_1314.JPG

Big boy sitting pretty against the glass, he seems to be getting a lot more social with his bigger size he used to always hide and freak out when I approached the tank but lately seems to be greeting me whenever I walk over IMG_1333.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store