Just another Trip to the LFS for food and came back with...

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Went to My LFS and they had 2 masked jewels and 1 big convict for 22.30$ and I couldn’t resistimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Reactions: dr exum

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Current stock list for the tank is

1 small gold sev
1 small green sev
1 albino sen bichir
1 convict
2 masked jewel
1 blue channel cat ( temporarily he is going into a pond in 4 months that I’m installing in my grandmas backyard )

Stephen St.Clair

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
Hi Kolton

Julidochromis aka Julies are very cool fish and will do better if you provide some rock piles.
Unfortunately Julies won't get along very well with most of your current stock. Julies require hard water w/ elevated PH, while your South American cichlids do better w/ nuetral to acidic water. Although the Convict does fine in hard water, its aggression level might be a little extreme for the Julies.
A baby Blue or Channel catfish grows very quickly and will be able to eat the Julies as well as everything else in the tank, in short order. Its best to keep African Rift Cichlids w/ Africans & New World Cichlids, such as your Severums & Convicts, w/ New Worlds. Hope this helps, good luck with your tank.

Reactions: tlindsey

Belial

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
illinois
i threw my last 2 julies into my 240 gallon tank just to get them away from the brichardi colony that had overwhelmed them and decimated their numbers and didnt expect much to happen. the 240 had convicts, texas cichlids, firemouths, and an oscar. now i've got about 2 dozen julie in there and theyve eaten all the convict fry for the last 6 months

Reactions: Stephen St.Clair
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store