Just how big do Honduran Redpoints get?

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I don't know what max size they're listed at, but the adults I have are a wide range of sizes, from ~2" to ~5". At first I thought I had a few outliers in size but quite a few of the males are getting big. These are the G1 offspring of Pip and Mongo. Mongo is just over 4" and arrow shaped (pink marble). Pip is a 4" alpha female (blue/striped) and chunky/tall. 90-95% of their offspring are male.

Pip's genetics seem to dominate. Most of the sons are wider versions of her. The daughters are arrow shaped like Mongo but also resemble Pip. There were a few 'faded' ones with faint marble spotting like Mongo but some went striped later. One exception is Dusty. He's a hazy blue slate color with faded stripes, red fins and a bright blue lip. Resembles a blue botia with his color pattern.

None of the G1 group are even a year old (Feb 3) but there are three giants so far...Hulk, Huey and Hugo. They have nuchal humps and double chins. Stripey rivals their size but has no nuchal hump or double chin, he looks like a wide triangle. Have no idea how big these guys will end up. I'll be taking pictures at some point...it's plain crazy.

I've got another thread coming specifically on the hrps, and there is news.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
The ones you have are not pure, so there's no telling how big they're going to get

Probably somewhere in the 4-6" range though

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
*Coughs*

I'll try to get a pic of Hulk in the 225. The ones in the 125 move around too much and like staying in their hidey holes except for dinner.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Where did you get the HRPs?
Member C. Breeze C. Breeze sold me two pink marble males, Mongo and Slade. I bought Pip on Ebay from a Florida breeder. I currently have a total of 17 adults from Mongo/Pip.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
SL or TL for your measurements?
Mongo and Slade were Juvies when I got them. Mongo was 2 1/2" TL and Slade 2". Pip was a 1 1/2" TL juvie.

In 2 years Pip is now 4" TL and thick. In about 1 1/2 years Mongo is now 4" TL and Slade 4 1/2" TL.

The young adults from Pip/Mongo are ~10 months old, almost all male and sizes very from 3" to 4+" TL. Almost all the males are tall bodied.

Slade and Speck had a huge cloud of fry (~100+) most of which I've given away and currently have about 20 of those. Speck is a daughter of Pip/Mongo and 'niece' of Slade. She's petite at ~2" TL.

I will be posting some pics soon, including older stuff.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store