just saw this on the news...

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Canadians aren’t too worried as they have cold winters should take care of it. But who knows what it did if it was dumped in the summer.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
That is terrible. That's like a weapon. I bet the person who released it waited to see if people would get attacked.

Reactions: kno4te

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I want to give the benefit of the doubt so I don’t think any harmful intentions were there.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
If I was a piranha lover and lived in Canada i'd be pushing the argument with the authorities that I could now legally keep piranha in my tanks, because they're now a native fish!!! :naughty:

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
That tape measure had to have been in cm right?
If it was in inches, we'd have an entirely different, much higher hysterical pitch from the media, I think. At least 2.54 times higher.

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I'm actually worried about this. Being a Canadian I know just how the Canadian Government acts. They're very impulsive and tend to make very stupid laws on a whim. I'm hoping they don't start banning them as pets.

If I was a piranha lover and lived in Canada i'd be pushing the argument with the authorities that I could now legally keep piranha in my tanks, because they're now a native fish!!! :naughty:
In Canada and especially in Ontario we have very few bylaws banning the keeping of exotic animals. I know a guy who owns a Mountain Lion and has it in his home. Piranhas aren't banned according to The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA). They are responsible for establishing policies regarding the importation of food, plants, animals, and related products.

That tape measure had to have been in cm right?
Yeah it has to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store