Just sharing a few pics of my Payara...

Quason778

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2014
Washington, DC
I had 3 Armatus 13"-14" until I lost one on Friday. For some strange reason he must've gotten spooked and run into the side of the tank. K krichardson bro, I thought I made it pass the point of them getting spooked this time. Anyway here are a few pics of the 2 remaining Army's that I have. Sorry in advance for flooding with all the pics, lol.

IMG_8138.JPG

IMG_8180.JPG

IMG_8183.JPG

IMG_8184.JPG

IMG_8185.JPG

IMG_8186.JPG

IMG_8187.JPG

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nice looking group of fish.How big is the tank?

A

AquaAlex1993

Your payara are amazing! Very beautful fish. Your making me one want, maybe I'll give one a shot. If I can keep saltwater, I may just may be able to keep one of these guys or a schomb.

Reactions: Quason778

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
armatus are some of the most amazing and intriguing fish to me, shame hobbyist struggle to keep them
I missed this post earlier but it is so true in most cases.I tried my hand at them on three separate occasions with the third being the most successful.I had vowed that it would be my last armatus no matter the outcome and I must admit that it has been a little tough keeping my word.

Reactions: moe214

Quason778

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2014
Washington, DC
I missed this post earlier but it is so true in most cases.I tried my hand at them on three separate occasions with the third being the most successful.I had vowed that it would be my last armatus no matter the outcome and I must admit that it has been a little tough keeping my word.
Yes, I remember you saying that when I lost the first 2 I had last year. I decided to give it another try. I still have a long way to go, but I dedicated to getting atlas one of them 20" +.

Quason778

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2014
Washington, DC
armatus are some of the most amazing and intriguing fish to me, shame hobbyist struggle to keep them
Yeah, I definitely agree with you, but when I see larger specimen that some hobbyist are able to get to 20"' plus, it really makes it worth trying to keep them.

Reactions: moe214
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store