Juv. Crenicichla sp. 'xingu II' color progression! :D

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Hahaha! Finally! Here be the pictures!! Took these TODAY...so they are good to go...the date on the camera is off...lol...oh well. Findin good pictures to help ID juv. Lugubris pikes can seriously be a pain...so I decided when i got my babies I would do a photo journal of them so peeps could check it out. Anywho...here goes...:D

Aight, here they are when I FIRST got them about four months ago or so at about 2.5".

And here they are a few months later at about 4" or so....

And then, finally here they are at 5.5"...:D

xinguII.jpg

xinguII_I.jpg

xinguII_II.jpg

xinguII_III.jpg

xinguII_IV.jpg

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Right now they are in a 20gal all by themselves...but i used to have them in a 125 with Satanoperca jurupari, Geophagus sp. 'red head tapajos', Hoplarchus psittacus, Chocolates, Red Terror, and a Siamese Algae eater....lol. I moved them cuz i got in some smaller pikes.....and there were LARGER pikes in the other tank. But I am gonna move them now since I got rid of a lotta my fish this weekend...;)

Siemens2

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Norwalk, IA
Since you're the pike pro around here, what would be the single best species of pike to start with if the tank was a 90, would upgrade to 180 or larger within the year. Also what about tankmates

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
I can't tell the difference between these lugubros and Sp. Venezuela Can you drop some knowledge on me

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store