Juvenile Clown Knife not eating

kiwifisho

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2018
New Zealand
So have had this young fella for bout 2 1/2 months he’s about 6-7in, tank is a 30g / 110L growout. He was in with a Pantadon Butterfly for the whole time until it jumped out from an incorrectly fixed lid. Was eating well, would follow my fingers around and ate garden worms voraciously. Since the Butterfly decided to leave, he’s been really shy, and not really eating that much. Wondering if it’s because the Butterfly was a bit like a dither fish, made him feel secure? Have no clue! Also removed a floating mat of ambulia which would have diffused light. Just worried if it’s a more serious disease or something, any suggestions would be appreciated! Cheers

image.jpg 297A6BC1-0F39-40A1-A813-1253CFFF5EEF.jpeg

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
He is just spooked, as you have meddled with the tank

The tank is very nice,all those plants are very appreciated.

Why not add a few small fish ,so that he might get some nutrition, also might get accustomed to the tank again.

kiwifisho

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2018
New Zealand
Righto, forgot to say but it has been about a week and a half since the Butterfly died. Have just got some juvie spotted silver dollars, bout 2in long as a dither fish. If he’s too aggro then yes they’ll be moved to a spare tank. But yep might go get some neons or something small for him to eat. Also hoping the SD won’t eat the plants haha might be lucky

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Cichla-Kyle

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2018
Texas
Weird enough mine did not like to eat either, I added two 1 inch peacock bass and when he saw them eating like pigs, he became a voracious eater and was determined to beat the peacocks to food.

kiwifisho

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2018
New Zealand
Yeh righto, the silver dollars had one pretty beat up one, fins chomped and swim bladder playing up, has lasted bout a week but noticed a big cut on its forehead last night so thought the clown had a go, then he took a worm but I had to break it into small pieces. Wouldn’t eat it whole like before. But super stoked coz that’s progress, seems like he might be getting better

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store